Today Splynx is a team of 30 specialized and dedicated staff members that help achieve great results to countless small to medium-size ISP and VoIP providers all around the world.
We work on a daily basis with more than 400 ISP companies from different regions – Europe, the Americas, South Africa and Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We must admit that in many countries the Internet and Voice providers face strong competition with large telco operators. And it’s not easy for them to succeed in this battle. Of course, how a company with 10 or even 50 employees can compete with such big companies with thousands of people and billions of dollars such as Vodacom or AT&T.
Judging from our experience we can see that these small companies compete and in many cases, they beat these huge companies. What is the key to the success of these companies?
Actually there are only two:
The first key is the selection of zone and understanding of the people’s needs in the zone.
Let’s call it your niche. Of course, it’s impossible to compete with large operators in the middle of Barcelona where fiber is everywhere, but if you drive 50 km far, the situation with coverage is not that ideal. Spain is #1 in FTTH, but there is still space, like in small towns that are below 5000, where we can take advantage and benefit.
The second key is to organize the business itself.
Have you ever asked yourself, “Are our processes good enough?“, “Can you manage your orders, connections efficiently and quickly as the big guys do it?”, “Can you set the billing correctly to charge the customers in the right form?”, “Is your network working well, is it automatic, is it redundant?” All these questions will help you to set the right processes inside your company.
Here is the check-list of steps and processes that you should сontiniously optimize and track. Splynx will perfectly help you to:
- Define tariff plans, discounts, up/downgrade policies;
- Manage sales, orders and connections;
- Set the billing correctly, use the right payment options;
- Track installs and repairs, track all issues using tickets;
- Set your network to do everything automatically;
- Save money by saying “NO” to a bunch of tools and subscriptions like Salesforce, Freshdesk, Zendesk, FreeRadius, Radius Manager, Mikrotik Usermanager, UBNT, WHMCS, QuickBooks, Xero accounting, PortaOne, A2Billing, Bash scripting etc.
Setting up processes, defining roles, choosing correct tools and all these tedious tasks that must be done on a daily basis. With the first step we cannot help you, because there should be involved a unique business intellect of the businessman together with good knowledge and understanding of the local environment. But this is maybe 20% of the success. 80% of your success is in building the business itself. And that’s the area where we come and help you a LOT.
We provide the tools and help to build processes that all big ISPs already have, but you must have them as well and you must have them much better if you want to beat these millions and billion dollars monsters. And the best thing is all those processes can be efficiently managed withing the Splynx platform. During the configuration and deployment process we define several steps and processes together with our customers to optimize their business:
Step 1. Management of sales, orders and connections.
- Splynx has the ability to use Towercoverage to help you understand where your existing and potential clients are located. In combination with self-registration add-on, you get a winning combo that really helps to increase the customer base.
- In case you are not providing self-registration, you should stop losing your leads and react quickly. Our CRM allows you to manage your deals, quotas, it improves your leads tracking and communication significantly.
- Our customers use Splynx scheduling platform to optimize their teams to connect customers quickly and manage the work of their engineers.
Case Study: Wireless Nation, New Zealand.
This is what we did as the first step with our client Wireless Nation. This is an established company with years of experience that had all processes already on a high level. The main goal for them was a shift to an all-in-one solution to cover their business needs as their in-house software was not able to succeed with all the requirements. Wireless Nation reduced costs on software development in three times by using Splynx and ALL processes were moved to one platform.
- TowerCoverage to track potential customers.
- Self-registration with the possibility to pay instantly and get the service in a few days.
- CRM and Ticketing platform to track all registration requests and follow-up with leads.
- Scheduling functionality allows to track and manage all installation projects efficiently.
Step 2. Set billing, payments and accounting
- Splynx billing engine gives a possibility to set recurring or prepaid billing periods.
- ISPs can charge for Internet, VoIP , One-time services or any custom created service.
- Every business is about money and its collection. You are able to get payments via different channels in one place.
- Splynx provides the possibility to export your billing data to accounting platforms and has direct integrations with SageOne, Xero, and Holded accounting platforms.
Case Study: Fitel Network, Spain.
Slynx has helped Fitel to grow 2 times in one year. One of their requirements was to separate recurring customers from prepaid as they are located on the coast of Spain and a lot of customers use their services seasonally.
“We had a need to separate recurring customers and prepaid. In our region, there are many clients who come for vacation and they need a fully prepaid scenario. Also, the ability to self start and stop service was very important.” Says Paul Gerhardt, CTO of Fitel Network
“Crucial for us is to process direct debit and then export all data to an accounting platform. We are using Holded.com cloud accounting software”
- Voice and Internet services are at one place and charged simultaneously.
- Invoice PDFs were customized per customer’s requirements.
- Every month all the invoices are automatically exported to Holded accounting platform.
Step 3. Automate your network
We provide our own RADIUS server which functions and stability are proved by hundreds of ISP networks.
Splynx helps you to:
- Authenticaticate your subscribers, blocking non-paying customers;
- Control bandwidth of users with limits, FUP and contentions;
- Understand what happens in the network with weathermaps;
- Get central device backups;
- Provision third party systems quickly.
We have a team of network experienced developers who work directly with MikroTik, Junipers, Cisco, LTE integrations etc. That allows our clients to make successful integrations with various custom solutions that are essential for their business.
Case Study: Skywire, South Africa
South African company Skywire uses our software to optimize their network. They have hundreds of towers, so the company uses weathermaps to display backbone links, fiber links, their usage and how good they work. Also they have IP address management and monitoring tools that are all in one place.
Step 4: Provide awesome support
Once all the above steps are completed and continuously improved, you also have to provide good support as in most cases customers prefer the services with better support experience. In our company we spend a lot of time to analyze the support tickets and processes to find the right answers and solutions to deliver 5-star customer experience.
It is all done within Splynx platform, you do not need to use ZenDesk or Freshdesk or any other 3d party solution. We have integrated all the features that most of helpdesk companies offer you:
- Your email connection;
- Incoming mail configuration and parsing;
- Assignments of tickets per agents, teams;
- Tasks creation inside the tickets;
- All data is connected with your customer base, so you can manage everything quickly and efficiently.
So considering all the facts provided above, Splynx is the best solution for:
- Established providers with over 10 000 subscribers;
- Managers of mid-size providers with 1000 to 10 000 subscribers;
- Owners of small providers with below 1000 subscribers;
- Start-up providers that have around 100 subscribers and want to grow.
You will be able to :
- Grow quickly and focus on the right things;
- Improve the overall management of the company;
- Become competitive to large Telco operators.
You will get rid of:
- Many non-connected tools where you had to continuously switch between them;
- Subscriptions and costs for tools that you can replace;
- A lot of manual work.
Splynx is more than a software. We spend a lot of time with our customers, deployments and support. We do one to one calls to make sure all requirements are met and the solution is created. Our approach allows us to deliver custom-tailored solutions, so customers always receive the software that ideally fits their needs.
Do not lose time, just click the link and start beating them now!